Sunday, January 23, 2011

Farm Fresh


I thought I'd become pretty accustomed to life in the central coast these past few months, but sometimes I am still amazed that I actually live in a place like this. Today, my dad went out to get eggs (to make delicious gluten free pancakes!), so he went down the street to Windmill Farms. I think it is truly amazing that the first place we think to get produce & other products is no longer just the store. I also think it's amazing that there are farms this close to us! The best part of the story is that there were no eggs in stock, so the owner went outside, grabbed a few, washed them off, and gave them to us. I honestly don't think it could get any fresher. They were so beautiful too! My cell phone picture doesn't do them justice. Today was just another reminder that I have so much to learn & get used to up here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment