Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Volunteering.

Yesterday was my first day volunteering at the Santa Maria Valley Humane Society. I think I'm going to really enjoy it. Before I went my mom told me under no circumstances may I bring a dog home... But let me tell you about Bear, the dog I would bring home if I could!

Our job as volunteers is basically to take dogs out of their pens and give them play time in the yard (which is an awesome job! I played with dogs for 3 hours yesterday!). It was really funny seeing all the dogs personalities when you got them in an open space. Some dogs just ran back and forth as fast as they could, some were very interested in the other dogs playing at the same time... But Bear wasn't concerned about anything but me. He actually reminded me of Henry. He just desperately wanted a belly rub! So, if your looking for a dog... : )


0 comments:

Post a Comment