Monday, June 14, 2010

First Guests!

One day after I arrived in Nipomo (yes only one) we had our first guests! After frantically unpacking it was so good to see Val & Veronica! Since I had only been a resident for about 24 hours, we let my parents lead the touring. Our first stop was wine tasting at a beautiful vineyard.

(if you look closely you can see the ocean in the background)

We then drove down to Avila Beach where you can actually drive out onto the pier! It's mildly terrifying at first, but oh-so-fun. On the pier you can eat, buy fresh fish, or go down to see the sea lions (if you are brave enough!). The girls sent me down to get pictures of them after they saw they sign "Sea lions will bite." Luckily (for me), they were calm and posed for my camera.


After Avila we ventured to Cambria, and Harmony (population 18). We browsed their stores, got snacks, and watched people glass blowing!

We drove around looking at the sights and quickly realized you could not fit everything into one trip (lucky for me!). Sunday morning we woke up and went to church, experienced the strawberry festival, and explored the "night life" in SLO (by night life I mean we went to Barnes & Noble and drank hot chocolate). It was so good to see familiar faces in this unfamiliar town. I cannot wait for our next visitors to arrive!

1 comments:

Veronica Miele said...

I'd have to say...that was one pretty amazing adventure! :o) So glad and honored to be the frist guests in the new McAlpine home. Thank you again so much, and I will be praying for your family while you're in the midst of transition. Love ya!

Post a Comment