Sunday, October 10, 2010

Heat Wave...

I've spent the majority of my summer wearing sweaters & jackets. We've only had 4 or 5 days over 75 degrees. Until now. Apparently October/November are the hottest months in the central coast. Unfortunately, the central coast does not believe in air conditioning... Even the brand new houses we've been looking at haven't had air in them. Everyone says they don't need the air. The McAlpine's do not feel the same way, so we headed to the movies!

We decided to see Secretariat. It was so good! I love it when movies based on true stories make you forget that you already know the outcome. I've been a horse lover my whole life, so I was well aware of the fact that Secretariat was a Triple Crown winner, but I still found myself rooting for him in every race. I definitely recommend this movie!

By the time we got out of the movies it had returned to the lovely weather we're used to :) For dinner, I just happened to make THE BEST SANDWICH EVER CREATED! Seriously... it was so good and simple. I used my Udi's whole "wheat" gluten free bread, Gopher Glen apple butter, and Brie! I just grilled it like a normal grilled cheese, but it was so fabulous! New favorite meal for sure...

Henry LOVED the sandwich too! How could you not give him a taste??? Look at that face :)



1 comments:

{shell} said...

oooooh sounds like a FAB sandwich - next time you'll have to sneak that into the movies! :) ha!

Post a Comment